Top 5 Things To Do In Reykjavik Iceland
Reykjavik is the largest and capital city of Iceland. Undoubtedly, it is the most captivating cities in the Republic of Iceland. There are many breathtaking activities in the city that can make you enjoy your stay to the fullest. If you’re planning a visit to the city for the very first time, make sure you familiarize yourself with the things highlighted below. The top 5 things to do in Reykjavik as highlighted below are selected based on peoples’ choice.
- Swimming in Reykjavik – swimming is one of the amazing things you can do in Reykjavik. The public pool is a beautiful place to visit if you love to swim. You can make friends with locals and other visitors as well.
- Visit Hallgrimskirkja Church – if you want to have a panoramic view of downtown Reykjavik, make sure you visit the Hallgrimskirkja Church. The church is located on the Skolavorduhaed hill. You can easily take the elevator to the top.
- Nightlife in Reykjavik – If you love to party, then you need to experience the nightlife in Reykjavik. Some of the famous clubs party into the early hours. Even Better, go on a guided tour around downtown and meet with other travelers!
- Try some local cuisine – one of the things I like to do whenever I visit a new city is to try some of their local cuisines. Reykjavik has some local delicacies you need to try. You can eat a sheep face or a whale.
- Go shopping – if you have some extra dollars, you can visit the Reykjavik flee market or other stores to get some things for yourself and loved ones. Laekjargata, Laugavegur, and Austurstraeti are some of the best places to do shopping in Reykjavik. You can visit some of the outdoor clothing companies to get some nice wears.
These are the top 5 things you can do in Reykjavik. Obviously, there are other interesting things to do if you have enough time. You can decide to go watch whale and birds, see the northern lights, or go on an adventure.